Level 1 – 200 Hour Teacher Training
Have you been thinking about becoming a yoga teacher? Is it time to make a change? Do you want to advance your practise to the next level? Or, are you compelled to deepen your understanding of your yoga practice? With this Yoga Alliance Registered course you will discover the authentic and empowered version of yourself and help others to move, grow and reach their goals. We employ educators from a range of lineages, who have dedicated their lives to helping others transform theirs. Learn from them the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class. Learn to truly teach with emphasis placed on clearly instructing students bodies into alignment. Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
Next Course Dates:
Want to learn more?
This 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training course will empower you with the tools to strengthen your own practice, become part of the fastest growing health and wellness sector, learn how to transform lives. If you aspire to teach, you're in good company: Since the opening of MOVE Yoga we have attracted the highest calibre of teachers and educators. Learn from the best. We want you to master the fundamentals, so completing our program will mark the beginning of your successful career as a yoga teacher.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
Our 200 Hour Level 1 Yoga Teacher Training course is perfect for the busy professional and runs Friday evening through to Sunday over 8 weekends during Term 3 and 4. There is a break in August and over the September school holidays. The course concludes with a final exam and practical assessment.
Friday night: 6pm to 9pm
Saturday & Sunday 7.30am to 5.30pm
Week 1) Fri 21, Sat 22, Sun 23 July
Week 2) Fri 28, Sat 29, Sun 30 July
Week 3) Fri 4, Sat 5, Sun 6 August
Week 4) Fri 1, Sat 2, Sun 3 September
Week 5) Fri 8, Sat 9, Sun 10 September
Week 6) Fri 15, Sat 16, Sun 17 September
Week 7) Fri 13, Sat 14, Sun 15 October
Week 8) Fri 20, Sat 21, Sun 22 October
Week 9) Fri 27, Sat 28, Sun 29 October (Exam and Final Assessment)
(*Note a 3 week break between Week 3 & 4 and between Week 6 & 7 for September school holidays)
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF THE COURSE?
- How to build confidence and strength in your practice and daily life
- How to teach yoga as an all-encompassing workout for body, mind and spirit
- The history of yoga and how its foundation is relevant today
- Proper posture alignment, how to avoid injury and basic anatomy
- How to sequence postures with breath for a powerful Vinyasa flow
- Tools to create and teach dynamic classes to help you build a loyal following
- Cultivating your voice and learning to remove unnecessary language
- How to present your class so it’s inspirational, engaging and effective
- How to use props to improve or modify a posture
- How to observe bodies, read alignment and make proper adjustments for your students
- Understand the business of yoga and where to next
- A powerflow sequence
- Breakdown of the sequence
- Practical teaching experience
- Teaching feedback approaches and coaching
- Philosophy (Yoga Sutras)
- Class Prep and Sequencing Delivery
- Class theming, class structure planning and managing the room
- Cueing and Effective Communication Strategies
- Business of Yoga - Yoga Industry Background
- Yoga lineages and History Relevance
- Safety, OHS and safe practices
- Introduction to Anatomy and Body Systems
The course is reserved for those who have had a regular yoga practice for minimum 12 months or equivalent.
Level 1, 335 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
$3490 (Early Bird before 31 May)*
*Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
Payment Plans available!
Upon completion, you’ll earn a 200-hour level yoga certification, recognized by Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia.
ENQUIRE NOW: email@example.com