2019 Melbourne 200hr Power Yoga Teacher Training
2019 Course Dates:
February to May 2019 (Last Remaining Places)
May to July 2019 (Filling Up)
July to October 2019 (Accepting Enrolments)
What to Expect..
Have you been thinking about becoming a yoga teacher? Is it time to make a change? Do you want to advance your practise to the next level? Or, are you compelled to deepen your understanding of your yoga practice? With this Yoga Alliance Registered course you will discover the authentic and empowered version of yourself and help others to move, grow and reach their goals. We employ educators from a range of lineages, who have dedicated their lives to helping others transform theirs. Learn from them the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class. Learn to truly teach with emphasis placed on clearly instructing students bodies into alignment. We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
This 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training course will empower you with the tools to strengthen your own practice, become part of the fastest growing health and wellness sector, learn how to transform lives. If you aspire to teach, you're in good company: Since the opening of MOVE Yoga we have attracted the highest calibre of teachers and educators. Learn from the best. We want you to master the fundamentals, so completing our program will mark the beginning of your successful career as a yoga teacher.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program is perfect for the busy professional and runs Friday evening through to Sunday over 9 weekends during a 3 month period. We have structured our training around 3 modules with 3 weekend blocks with breaks of 3 weeks to allow for optimal learning.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF THE COURSE?
- How to build confidence and strength in your practice and daily life
- How to teach yoga as an all-encompassing workout for body, mind and spirit
- The history of yoga and how its foundation is relevant today
- Proper posture alignment, how to avoid injury and basic anatomy
- How to sequence postures with breath for a powerful Vinyasa flow
- Tools to create and teach dynamic classes
- Cultivating your voice and learning to remove unnecessary language
- How to present your class so it’s inspirational, engaging and effective
- How to use props to improve or modify a posture
- How to observe bodies, read alignment and make proper adjustments for your students
- Understand the business of yoga and where to next
- The course concludes with a final exam and practical assessment.
- A power flow vinyasa sequence
- Breakdown of the sequence
- Practical teaching experience
- Feedback driven approaches and coaching
- Class Prep and Sequencing Delivery
- Class theming, class structure planning and managing the room
- Cueing and Effective Communication Strategies
- Business of Yoga - Yoga Industry Information
- Philosophy - Yoga lineages and Historical Relevance
- Safety, OHS and safe practices
- Anatomy and Physiology Body Systems
PRE-REQUISITES and ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Students will have unlimited membership to all regularly schedule MOVE Yoga classes from the date deposit received till the conclusion of the training
- Teacher Training Manual will be supplied on the first night of the course; students may be required to purchase no more than2 text book prior to commencement (book list will be provided 2 months out from course start date)
- Teacher Trainees will be required to practise minimum 3 yoga classes per week for the duration of the course
- We require 100% attendance of all lectures, so please check the dates carefully. Unplanned and specific leave requests are handled on a case by case basis.
- Upon completion, you’ll earn a 200-hour level yoga certification and certificate, recognized by Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia*.
- Once course has been secured with your deposit or full payment, all students must complete an application form for submission.
Level 1, 335 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000